helpmyhound home page
about - contact - help   
 

Quick Answers To Your Dog's Medical Symptoms
Sunday 21st of December 2014



Salamander Poisoning


General information on Salamander Poisoning

Salamander poisoning is when a dog ingests poison from a salamander. Most salamanders are not poisonous, but there is one type of salamander in the United States that is poisonous. This poisonous salamander is called the California newt and is found in California. Most salamanders taste bad. A dog that mouths a salamander will slobber, drool, and spit afterwards. Just because a dog mouths a poisonous salamander does not necessarily mean that the dog will be poisoned. The toxicity level in the dog depends on how toxic the particular salamander is, the size of the dog, and how much of the poison the dog ingested. Many dogs that have salamander poisoning typically recover quickly and without therapy.


Symptoms of Salamander Poisoning

Some of the symptoms of salamander poisoning may be:

Slobbering, Drooling, Spitting, Choking, Blindness, Convulsions, Seizures, Tremors, Foaming from the mouth, Pawing of the mouth, Vomiting, Stumbling, Falling, Diarrhea, Paralysis, and Rigid legs.

View Symptoms Of Salamander Poisoning

Treatments for Salamander Poisoning

The treatment for salamander poisoning is, if the dog is conscious and not seizing, to repeatedly rinse the dog’s mouth out with running water. Rinse the mouth at three to five minute intervals about four times. Do not force the water into the dog’s mouth and do not make the dog swallow the water. Only use water and nothing else. Seeking immediate veterinary assistance is imperative; especially if the dog is seizing, experiencing tremors, or is in any other way having difficulty standing.




Personal Experience

personal experience
If you have personal pet experience with Salamander Poisoning
share your information here - Click Here

Salamander Poisoning - personal experiences


If you want to share information on a different disease, select
a disease from A to Z - Click Here - Diseases A to Z

Remember, this information is for reference only. Always contact your vet or pet profesional for advice.


 






The information contained on this site is for the sole purpose of being informative and is not and should not be used or relied upon as medical advice.
Seek the advice of your vet or other qualified pet care provider before you decide on any treatment or for answers to any questions you may have regarding a canine medical symptom or medical condition.



  about     contact     terms - privacy     links     site map  

 





news feed